TECHNIC ENGINEERING LIMITED
REACH Statement – July 2017
REACH is a European Union regulation concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of Chemicals. It came into force on 1st June 2007 and replaced a number of European Directives and Regulations with a single system.
REACH has several aims:
- To provide a high level of protection of human health and the environment from the use of chemicals.
- To make the people who place chemicals on the market (manufacturers and importers responsible for understanding and managing the risks associated with their use.)
- To allow the free movement of substances on the EU market.
- To enhance innovation in and the competitiveness of the EU chemicals industry.
- To promote the use of alternative methods for the assessment of the hazardous properties of substances e.g. quantitative structure-activity relationships (QSAR) and read across.
Technic Engineering Limited is aware that it, its customers and suppliers may be affected in various ways depending on the role they perform as defined by REACH.
Technic Engineering Limited is committed to complying with the requirements of REACH in as much as it affects our business.
As a downstream user of chemicals, we have a duty to use them in a safe way, and according to the information on risk management measures that should be passed down the supply chain.
Where chemicals are to be disposed of, they are removed in compliance with applicable environmental regulations.
This policy is subject to an annual review.
Dated: 14th July 2017